What things of value may a legislator or his/her spouse accept from a legislative agent or an employer?
KRS 6.611(2)(b) and 6.821(2)
- A certificate, plaque, or commemorative token of less than $150 value;
- Informational or promotional items (See OLEC 94-1);
- Food and beverages consumed on the premises [Note: The recipient's name, amount expended, description and date must be reported by the legislative agent and employer on their statement of expenditure filed with the Commission subject to public inspection and is limited to $100 annually for any legislator. KRS 6.821(2), OLEC 99-4.]
- A gift which is returned within 30 days or is donated to charity and not claimed on federal income tax returns, see OLEC 00-1;
- The cost of attendance or participation, and of food and beverages consumed at certain events (see Attendance at Events section). [KRS 6.611(2)(b)]